Sunday, November 16, 2008

A BIG hello to Marilyn...ole buddy ole pal!

A certain long haired messenger told me that a little birdie told her I should update my blog more often. So I shall...


Is it OBSESSION or HOBBY? You make the call.
I have narrowed my sites on a certain rubber stamp called the Unity Tree Stamp. I will use it for scrapbooking. Unity is an online company that carries this certain stamp that has tickled my fancy. Every Thursday they put on some really great online sales so I waited all last week in hopes that this particular tree stamp would be on sale. Ok, so I was sitting in my office last Thursday conducting a job interview. I asked the applicant some of the usual questions when suddenly all I heard was, “blah blah blah blah blah….” I found myself thinking, “Hmmm, I wonder if there are only a certain number of those Unity Tree stamps available? I sure hope they went on sale this morning. Wouldn’t it be great if they were FREE! I hope I hope I hope there are still some available when I get home from work tonight. Ooooh, the beautiful things I will be able to create with this marvelous tree stamp. I must have it. I can’t live without it.” Then suddenly, POP! My bubble burst and I was sitting across from someone and realized I had no earthly idea what she had just said to me. I searched her eyes to see if the look on my face betrayed me. I Panicked! Quick, think of something intelligent to say! I saw that she was so nervous about her interview that she hadn’t even noticed that I had floated off into some other sphere thinking of this grand and glorious Unity Tree Stamp. I shuffled through her application paperwork and said, “Ahem, tell me why I should hire you for this job.” Life returned to calm order.

1 comment:

EMILY said...

Yeah!!! I see the message got back to Houston. I was good to see Kalani. She looks great and her little boy is getting so big. I check your blog from Emily's because I don't have one. Maybe I need to get one.
Hope things are going good for you and your family. Send me your email address.
marilyn