Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A day in the life....

Day 3 of the 2008 school year and I thought I might share with you what I do ALL DAY. This is just a little sampling of the phone calls I field daily. I handle roughly....30 or 40 of these daily. Many are hostile. Most begin by the caller telling me what a lousy job I do and how they personally pay my salary with their taxes and they are going to have my job taken from me because I suck. It goes a little like this:
"Hello. I'm a disabled Grandma and I'm very upset with the bus service my grandchildren are getting. I live at 2534 Foxbriar and there are petty-fliers all over my neighborhood. I bet you don't even care that my grandchildren walk by petty-fliers trying to get home to Grandma Me-Me! My grandchildren all call me, Me-Me. I can't walk to the corner to pick up my grandchildren who call me Me-Me from their bus stop because I don't have cartiledge in my knees. I certainly can't ride a bike up to meet them. I used to be a bus driver but now I have arthritis. I can't walk. I can't protect my grandchildren from those petty-fliers. The doctor recommended knee replacement surgery because I have arthritis in both knees. I wish those petty-fliers would move. Maybe they should be moved to jail. That's where petty-fliers belong but they all live in my neighborhood and they walk the steets. Speaking of walking, I can't walk because I have arthritis. I'm going to have to have knee surgery to help my arthritis. Please check on those petty-fliers. I need the bus stop moved to right in front of my house so Me-Me can protect them children from those petty-fliers even though I can't walk. Did I mention that I have arthritis?"

No comments: